Tuesday, 30 September 2014

Theatre notes

Theatre 

A good bit of acting is when you ,see what you say, in your monologue. 

Resisting instinct through physical objectives , and just become the character 


Make sure you are living through the objective and not just acting , live not act.

Explore the extremes of your objectives, to see which objective fits well for that character/ dialogue or text. 

Don't worry about getting embarrassed and just keep experimenting.

Don't restrict your self on just your mind and try find movement with your body and the room around you. 

Don't just say the line live in the objective first and then say the line. Also body and voice is right 

Remember the text rides on the action. Make sure to live in the world for at least 5 seconds. We alway as soon as the in breath drops in, by living in the giving circumstances. 

Opinions offers the clarity, don't do so close to the audience planner. Www the person you are talking to, let your work offer subert. 

In Shakespeare you need to make sure you project the ends of your words and think who am I talking to and what kind of relationship do j have with this person.

Dont de-voice ,when you start strong don't stop for example  "I would have" said loud and commanding and then Say it again quite this is de-voicing a ruining the performance. 

The proses of becoming character in text 
1) split text into thoughts so different objective

Picture of different versions of monologue 

Version one - Normal monologue 

Version two - A bit of objectives 

Version three - All objectives and all thought changes sorted out 


Evaluation of what I did in the lesson today 

I believe I did well in the lesson today trying to live in the moment ,for example,when I was rehearsing my lines. 

To improve my performance I need to rehearse my monologue not only in lesson but at home as well and if possible with one of my fellow actors in my class. 

I listen to the advice of my fellow actor to help me improve my monologue and also to see if the objectives I chose was correct objectives for my monologue and the characters I had chosen for my final assessment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment